The everyday extraordinary

To boldly put my thoughts where they've never been before...on a website for the whole world to see.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio

I am a speech therapist and I work for a lovely private practice in Columbus. I have the best family and friends that anyone could ask for!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The power of advertising: Part 2

So, I went out to dinner tonight with my boss and three other of my co-workers to celebrate my and Meredith's birthday (Meredith is one of my co-workers). We went to The Texas Roadhouse out by our office. Besides Meredith, who is my age, all of my co-workers are closer to my parents' age. Being that I am the only single person in my office, my co-workers get very excited at the idea of finding me a nice gentleman to go out with. The running joke when we go out together is that we will get some cute waiter and we'll leave him my number. So, tonight, we actually had a nice, cute waiter. So, my co-workers were all over it! The waiter actually ended up sitting down with us to have a conversation which mostly consisted of my co-workers asking him things like, "where do you live", "who do you live with", and finding out other such information to determine if this would be an eligible young man. So... Here's what we found out. His name is Bryan (yes spelled with a 'y'), he's going to be 26 in may, he had a girlfriend last year, but currently lives in a townhouse with a friend. Yes, my co-workers are ruthless! So, at the end of our evening, one of my co-workers, Lynn, turns to me and says, "do you have any of your cards on you?! " "No." I say. So, they are now trying to figure out how they can leave him a way to get a hold of me. So... my BOSS ends up leaving him an office card, but put my name on it. I have to admit that I was mildly embarrassed. "It doesn't have your last name on it and it doesn't have your home number on it...if he doesn't want to call you, he'll just throw the card away", says my boss. All in all, it was an amusing evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger A. C. Mattern said...

And I thougth I tipped well.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home