The everyday extraordinary

To boldly put my thoughts where they've never been before...on a website for the whole world to see.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio

I am a speech therapist and I work for a lovely private practice in Columbus. I have the best family and friends that anyone could ask for!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Cool cubes!



This goes out to all my friends (and my dad) who have to work in cubicles. One time my Dad called his cubicle his cubby hole... I thought that was neat. Anyways, there was a whole article on yahoo.com devoted to making your cubicle cool. There are some really cool things on there, like a device that mutes out the sound of other people talking and a device that keeps you posted on the weather. I am fortunate that I do not have a cubicle. When I was in graduate school, we had most of our classes in the basement of our building. We would be down there for hours. The joke was always that the apocalypse could happen and we would never know because we never saw the outside world. But fear not my cubicle dwelling friends, there are things you can do to make your environment more appealing! I would particularly like to point out that the article mentions something called the "pimp my cubicle kit". Umm... awesome! It's genius really. We could turn it into an MTV show... really cool people could come to your office and put hydraulic on the door of your cabinet and surround sound speaker, and a disco ball, and a lot shiny things. I can see it now... a bunch of guys with pocket protectors standing around at break time saying, "dude, Bob totally pimped out his cubicle this weekend!" Well, if you have a cubicle, you should think about it!

http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/cube_1.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Jannotti said...

Oh Kate,

Do you have an email address? I'm heading your way tomorrow.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can totally come do this to my cubicle...

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home