The everyday extraordinary

To boldly put my thoughts where they've never been before...on a website for the whole world to see.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio

I am a speech therapist and I work for a lovely private practice in Columbus. I have the best family and friends that anyone could ask for!

Monday, February 12, 2007

I am an aunt...sort of!

At 2:14 this afternoon, one of my closest friends (an her husband) had their first child. Molly weighs 7lb 6ounces and she is BEAUTIFUL! Amanda and I went to the hospital to visit them after work today. It was definitely emotional, although I only cried a little and I didn't throw-up. About half way through Abby's pregnancy I had this re-occurring dream that when I went to the hospital to visit her I threw up. I was really hoping that this was not a prophetic dream... and it wasn't! It was just kind of a surreal experience to see my college roommate and one of my best friends with her baby... she is a mom. I think I am still wrapping my head around that. Anyways, here is a picture of myself and Molly!


8 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

The thoughts the just ran through my head:

1. Abby had her baby!
2. Kate is wearing a cute shirt.
3. I am not ready for Kate to have children.

Yay for cute babies that aren't ours!

2:08 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Oh dear, a fourth thought

I am seriously SERIOUSLY not ready for you to be a real aunt.

2:08 AM  
Blogger The everyday extraordinary said...

1. I am most definitley NOT ready to harbor a life form in my lower abdominal cavity and then bring it into the world.

2. I am also not ready for any more of my friends to have babies

3. I better not be a real aunt any time soon!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, the post title scared me at first. what a cute baby, kate! congrats to abby. molly is so little ... what a lovey buns!

1:06 PM  
Blogger ashley kurz said...

um, i found out about these comments at panera today with ben. i also want to inform you who i dont believe are on facebook that someone tagged a photo of ben with a caption along the lines of "ben is so hot! when did he get this hot? who cares! he is!" yea.

11:17 PM  
Blogger The everyday extraordinary said...

Oh Ashley, that's amazing! I think we need to track down who said that about Ben

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...i don't think i'll ever be allowed to get married...

11:50 PM  
Blogger The everyday extraordinary said...

haha! Yes you will Ben, it'll just be a lenghty interview process for her...and it better not even be an issue for at least 6 more years!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home