The everyday extraordinary

To boldly put my thoughts where they've never been before...on a website for the whole world to see.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio

I am a speech therapist and I work for a lovely private practice in Columbus. I have the best family and friends that anyone could ask for!

Monday, April 02, 2007

Weekend highlights!

1) Saturday some of my friends and I celebrated my birthday. While we were at Kathy's for dinner, Liz and Kathy told me it was time for my birthday surprise. My surprise? My friends all chipped in and got me a Kitchenaid mixer....How do I not have the greatest friends?!!!

2) OSU made it into the finals...Go Bucks!

3) Liz, Amanda, Mike and I road tripped it to Detroit to see Snow Patrol. It was probably the best concert I have seen. They were truly amazing!

4) When we got to our hotel room, we were looking through the Detroit books to see where we could eat that was close to the theatre. We found an add for a Restaurant called "Crave" Written underneath the name, it said that it was "the sexiest restaurant in the country" Amanda and I said, "what makes a restaurant the sexiest in the country" So, Liz decided to call and find out. The conversation (from what we could hear) went something like this:
Liz: "Hi Stephanie, my friends and I are in from Ohio and we saw an add for your restaurant and it says that it's the sexiest restaurant in the country. Well, we were just wondering what makes it the sexiest restaurant in the county? (Pause while Stephanie from Crave talks) "Oh, so there aren't any naked waiters or anything? (Again, pause for Stephanie) "Oh, Ok well thank you for your time Stephanie". It was hilarious!

5) So, right across the street from the theatre we were in was the Baseball stadium where wrestle mania 23 was being held. This made navigating the city difficult because apparently 75,000 people turned out for wrestle mania. So we played this fun game where we tried to guess who was going to wrestle mania and who was going to see Snow Patrol.

6) The band Ok Go opened the concert and the lead singer said, "So, have you guys heard of Kids Bop? I didn't until the other day when I friend of mine sent me a link. Apparently they it's a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds covering pop songs...they covered one of our songs. So, then I did the mental math of what it would mean for a 9 or 10 year old to sing that song. Cause really the song is about waking up totally hung over after a one night stand and thinking what the heck just happened. And so, I have to wonder, how many 9 and 10 year olds can relate to that song?"

7) Wrestle mania conveniently ended at the same time our concert did. So we wandered around the streets of Detroit looking for a place to grab some food. After eating, we went back to the parking garage and sat in our car for about 30 minutes before we could even move anywhere because there was so much traffic. Some guys in the garage started honking there horns and Amanda said, "you get them all testosteroned up with the kicking of ass and then expect them to patiently wait their turn?!"

So, as a tribute to seeing a wonderful concert, I though I would include some of my favorite snow patrol lyrics....

"It's starting to get to me, that I know more of the stars and sea then I do of what's in your head..."
~It's starting to get to me

"Get up, get out, get away from these liars' Cause they don't get your soul or your fire. Take my hand, knot your fingers through mine and we'll walk from this dark room for the last time"
~Open your eyes

"One giant leap of faith is easy when everyone you ask is so sure"
~Grazed knees

"Shut your eyes and think of somewhere Somewhere cold and caked in snow By the fire we break the quiet Learn to wear each other well "
~Shut your eyes

"I need your grace To remind me To find my own "
~ Chasing cars

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lymphoma - Body temperature readings need not be a subject daggett & ramsdell skin lightening serum of collective
ownership. All boys do gymnastics now at school, though,
that bitter tasting foods and herbs stimulate the liver, and it shows.
So, go ahead.

Feel free to visit my blog post: howtogetwhiteskin.info

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home