The everyday extraordinary

To boldly put my thoughts where they've never been before...on a website for the whole world to see.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio

I am a speech therapist and I work for a lovely private practice in Columbus. I have the best family and friends that anyone could ask for!

Friday, March 23, 2007

The last two weeks...

So, it's been a busy past few weeks. Allow me to recap.

Friday March 9:
My parents came in to town because Saturday we were leaving to go to North Carolina for a week. My mom came with me to look at some codos because the topic came up about a month earlier that maybe I should buy. Mom, my realator and I looked at about 6 condos that I felt would be possibilities for me. The first condo we looked at, my mom and I both liked the best.

Saturday March 10: 8:30am- Mom calls and says, " I think you should put in a bid on the first condo we saw yesterday." 8:45am- I call my realator and appologize for calling at 8:45 on Saturday morning and ask to look at the condo agaon because we may put in a bid. We meet at the condo, look through it again and decide that we will make an offer. We then leave for vacation. 3:30pm- I get pre-approved for a mortgage loan.

Sunday March 11: Evening- The seller did not accept our offer and countered.

Monday March 12: Morning- We make a counter offer, then we go to see the Builtmore Estate (It was lovely by the way).

Tuesday March 13: Evening- We find out the seller accepted our counter offer...yay!

Thursday March 15: Afternoon- somewhere in West Virginia the home insepection is scheduled. Evening- arrive back in Columbus.

Friday March 16- 4:30pm, Home inspection.

Friday March 23- Still trying to figure out where the mortgage loan is going to come from, what colors I want to paint in my house and creating an on-call spread sheet for Nathan, Pete, Ben, and Patrick in case there are ever any bugs in my house (spiders in particular) that need to be "taken care of".
Anyways, I am mostly excited about being a home owner... a little terrified, but mostly excited!

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Kate! That is so exciting! I am so jealous. It looks like we're most likely going to be in California for another 5 years and there is pretty much no way we'll be able to purchase a house here unless we win the lottery or something. The chances of that are very low, considering we don't buy lottery tickets. Anyway, congratulations!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on buying a home, Kate! Happy Birthday!

2:07 PM  
Blogger ashley kurz said...

happy bday kate! you and carrie can start a homeowners' club. i guess this means there is no real chance of you relocating to the city that rocks....

10:09 PM  
Blogger The everyday extraordinary said...

Thanks Ashley and Lynne! Ash, buying a house isn't forever, I haven't ruled out the land of Cleve some time in the future!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ahh!! homeownership is amazing ... except for the plumbing problems, all the money you have to spend on taking care of your yard, but hey, maybe in a condo you don't have to worry about that! any pictures to pass along yet? i've been in my house 4 months now and i still don't have many pictures on the wall. it's still a work in progress, i think maybe it always will be considering I change my mind all the time. welcome to the club! :)

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home