The everyday extraordinary

To boldly put my thoughts where they've never been before...on a website for the whole world to see.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio

I am a speech therapist and I work for a lovely private practice in Columbus. I have the best family and friends that anyone could ask for!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Where has global warming gone?

So, generally speaking I am a fan of protecting the environment,but I have to admit that deep down I have a secret love of global warming. I know that there are all kinds of possible negative repercussions such as the polar ice caps melting and flooding Canada, but I prefer to focus on the positive! January in Ohio is usually brutal... freezing, gray, and windy. It's the kind of weather that makes someone seriously consider selling all of their possessions and moving to Hawaii. As my mom once said, "it's better to have nothing in Hawaii then a lot of stuff in Ohio." This January however, wass quite pleasent! There were actually some days that required only a light jacket! God bless global warming! Well, all good things must come to an end. Februrary has so far been cold, gray, and windy. Where has my global warming gone?! Perhaps it's giving another unfortuante part of the world respite from the bleak winter. I can feel the winter blahs setting in. I know for my roommate Jessi, the spring can't come fast enough! Perhaps global warming will come back and visit our corner of the world again before the winter is over. Until then, my advice is to get a killer coat... if you have to wear one, you might as well look cute!!

5 Comments:

Blogger A. C. Mattern said...

Cleveland area winters always seem harsher in my memory then these Columbus winters, and I think that's part of the problem. There was a crispness and purity to them, even in the most frigid crossings of the tundra to reach school. I remember having to carry my taun-taun uphill both ways, with Luke Skywalker still clinging to life within its abdomen.

Where was I again?

Oh yes.... Columbus winters are gray, damp, and unchanging... probably like those dark months in Alaska, you get sensory depravation.

I do love warmth and the sun, but there is also something about being out-of-doors in the winter time, facing the elements and hearing the crunch of the snow. But I don't sense this in the city.

And I really miss sledding.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Jim Jannotti said...

a. c. -- are you really Will Dormer (aka Al Pacino) incognito, or perhaps you are ?

9:38 PM  
Blogger Jim Jannotti said...

woah that was weird. It was supposed to read "or perhaps you are Chris Nolan?" The HTML worked in preview mode. Huh.

9:39 PM  
Blogger A. C. Mattern said...

Very funny Mr. Janowski.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Jim Jannotti said...

Identity matters aside, the real question right now seems to be will Kate ever post again?

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home